Use this App to create a unique video of any activity tracked on Strava, click on the image to view a recent ride of mine to give you an idea what you can create.
click the image to watch the video
To create a video like this you need the following
- mobile phone android OS with GPS
- Strava App from Google Playstore
- Relive App from Google Playstore
- desktop computer connected to the internet
- have the Relive website open in your favorite browser.
You Do Not Need A Camera
Steps in creating the above video
- record your ride as normal
- take photo's at interesting places during you ride
- save as usual
Because Strava and Relive are not connect, you need
- open Strava website on your desktop
- export/save the GPX file from Strava
- open Relive on you desktop
- select "to the import page" then follow the simple instructions
The video creation process is initiated from the Relive App on your mobile phone. This can take a while, for the example video in this post it was about 20mins but it is worth the wait.
You have to take photo's at key points to showcase beautiful scenery, extreme workouts, hazardous areas, target milestones etc. You Have To Take Photo's Otherwise it's Just a boring Map!
With that being said, if you are doing a normal workout routine, this isn't really useful. I think this looks really good, a novel idea to introduce a new route to a group of people.